The next big thing after google page rank which is given high performance by webmasters is Alexa.
Alexa which is owned by Amazon, is regarded as a web information company that ranks websites and blogs base on the traffic they generate and other factors.
“Alexa provides traffic data, global rankings and other information on over 30 million websites”
The need for site owners these days to thrive and increase their alexa rank cannot be overemphasized, has it encourages advertisers and sponsors.
Increase traffics means increase alexa ranking.
Today i am going to show you 10 proven techniques to help increase your alexa ranking.
1. Update Your Blog Frequently: The more frequently you update your blog, the more alexa increasing your blog traffic. Just like google, alexa loves to see new and frequently updated contents.
2. Claim your blog: claiming your blog allows alexa to have better understanding of your blog, enabling them rank your blog more accurately.
3. Install Alexa Toolbar on your blog and ask your blog visitors to do the same: Install the alexa tool bar on your most used browser you use in viewing your site. Also encourage your blog visitors to do the same, by telling them to install the alexa tool bar in the browser they use frequently in viewing your site. Alexa give more credibility to visits that comes from a browser that use the alexa tool bar.
4. Write quality and unique contents: Writing unique and quality contents would help increase your site alexa rank. This is one techniques that can significantly increase a site traffic and in turn alexa ranking. Not only alexa! google loves unique and quality contents. Writing quality and unique content also helps ones blog rank better in google and other search engines too.
5. Put Alexa Widget on your blog: Adding alexa widget on your blog can still increasing you ranking in alexa. The alexa widget shows the current alexa ranking status of your blog. You can see my alexa widget at the bottom right of my blog with my rank.
6. Ask for reviews: Ask not only your blog visitors, but your family and friends to write a review about your blog on alexa. The more positive reviews your blog have, the better your chance of increased alexa rank.
Make use of Alexa review widgets on your blog to make it easier for people to write a review.
Now am asking you reading this, do me a favour by writing a review too of my blog.
7. Link building: Alexa also rank websites/blogs based on back links. They count links that links back to your blog. The secret of increasing your backlinks is by guestposting or commenting on other blogs. The more backlinks you have, the
Greater you chance of experience increasing in alexa ranking.
8. Write about Alexa on your blog: I believe if you write something good about alexa on your blog and link back to them, it might contribute to increase in alexa rank.
9. Repeat Number 1, 4, 6, and 7 frequently: Do this to increase your alexa ranking.
10. Keeping repeating 1, 4, 6, and 7 frequently.
These above ways has proven to work for me for better alexa ranking. It would surely work for you.
Alexa might not give you accurate statistics of your rank at times as they updates web pages frequently to reflect the new rank.
If you know of other possible ways to increase alexa rank please let us know using the comment box.
An advice for you: In your pursuit of increasing your alexa rank, don’t be doing so in an unethical way, Using all sought of scripts and software.
Don’t fake your rank, provide great value to your blog visitors and you would definately see an increasing in your alexa rank from time to time.
Love this article, please be social, share!!!
Latest posts by Deco_SLiM (see all)
- Protecting Your Facebook Account From Hackers. 7 Quick Tips. - May 19, 2013
- Attracta, a very powerful SEO tool. 6 reasons why you should use it - May 6, 2013
- Infographic: Is Your Start Up Business Most Likely To Fail? - April 27, 2013