One attribute of successful people is being organized. For me then, being organized is the last thing i could think of. All i was thinking about was just how to start a business and make money. I never knew becoming organized played an important role in becoming successful in business. You want to start a business and make some money but yet you have not seat down to plan how you want to go about it, nor organizing your plan to specific time frame.
Getting yourself organize is a key factor to becoming successful in your business, at work, at home, and even in your day to day life.
However people still find it difficult to become organized as it has not become part of their routine.
Today, i have come up with 10 things you can do as an individual to get organized.
1.. Get a journal : Now that you want to get organize, the first thing i would want you to do is get a journal were you can write how to get yourself organized . From time to time you would be updating it. This is not a diary of your love life but one of planning your way to getting organized.
2. Plan a day to: What will happen when you wake up late and couldn’t get to work on time to make adjustment to the files before a morning meeting? you are fired! I can remember some time back when i was totally disorganized, i would wake up late in the morning, not knowing i got school to attend. That is not all, i will spend about an hour looking for my items, from shoes to books and even to my tooth brush. I didn’t like the way i handle things. I made the changes, but the changes were made when i was in 300 level. I cannot overemphasis the issue of planning. Plan a day to, to kill unnecessarily failures.
3. Prioritize the things you need to do: In my secondary school, they thought me what we called scale of preference, whereby you list the things you need to get done in the other of important, usually descending. Don’t you think it is high time you need to dust your school books and bring scale of preference into your habits. You can have a book for the things you need to do in a day, week, months and even years.
4. Set up time frame for the things you need to do: You have prioritize the things you need to do of most important, but have you set time frame for what you need to do, to get the things done? I normally tell people this, whenever you are prioritize the things you need to do, always include the time frame of when each things would be done. Doing this, would enable you complete the task in hand on time.
5. Know how you intend to accomplish the tasks at hand: It Would be very foolish to have a list of things you want to get done without knowing of ways to get them done. If this is what you do, hoping to find ways to achieve them, then that’s not your priority list, it should be called your vision list.
6. Stop Making excuse: Whatever you do, do it in dignity. Don’t be a coward that makes excuses just to satisfy himself.
7. Limit your distraction: At times, when am trying to get organized their are so many distractions that come in the way. Lets say i have to publish a blog-post before a certain time frame, i might not be able to complete it in the time frame i specify, due to operating my phone, checking my emails, reply a message and so on. Remove the distractions that you know would affect your immediate goal. There is time for every thing.
8. Reward yourself on your accomplishment This is a system i used to get my self motivated to complete task. Reward yourself by participating in activities that you enjoy doing.
9. Don’t give up: There are sometimes you might feel that this organize protocol is getting you bored. You just want to live life freely without having to follow principles. Believe me, organizing your self is the best thing you could do to help yourself from stress. It would be a lot easier to achieve stuffs when you are organized. Also don’t think about the things you can’t do. Think about what you can do.
10. Delegate some of your tasks: When you see it would be difficult to accomplish a task all by your self, there is no harm in delegating. Assign tasks to people in your place of work, in your business and at home to accomplish stuffs easier.
11. know were you keep your things: Do you know that you might forget were you keep your planning journal and that’s the starting point of getting Dis-organized. Try and always have a definite place of keeping your things, at work, in your business, and at home, as it would safe you a lot of stress.
Whether you are 16 or 60 learn to organize yourself.
When you are organized, you would find out things would become easier and stress free. You would become more productive!
Latest posts by Deco_SLiM (see all)
- Protecting Your Facebook Account From Hackers. 7 Quick Tips. - May 19, 2013
- Attracta, a very powerful SEO tool. 6 reasons why you should use it - May 6, 2013
- Infographic: Is Your Start Up Business Most Likely To Fail? - April 27, 2013