The growth rate of cyber crime is alarming.
As 1 of the billions users of facebook, the need of protecting your account from hackers should not be over emphasis.
Hackers are everywhere in disguise.
Take the following steps towards protecting your facebook account and avoid the consequences of not doing so.
1. Make sure you always logout from your facebook account when not in use. So that when friends, relatives or a 3rd party decides to use your device to check facebook, your account won’t be logged in.
2. Make sure your information isn’t available to the public. There is need to keep it visible to your friends or you alone.
3. Aways change your facebook passwords frequently.
4. When visiting facebook, make sure you do it on a secure connection (https://).
5. In your security settings, make sure you enable if not all of the following.
Secure browsing, Text message login notifications, email login notifications and login approvals on.
6. Avoid use of unwanted spammy apps. many of this apps will automatically post spam on your timeline.
7. If facebook has notified you of unauthorized access, never underestimate this access, change your password.
I know there are more security measure to the above I’ve said…
If you’ve any other security measure one can take, please don’t hesisitant to use the comment box below.