Great and effective website design is not about winning awards but is is about the experience which the visitors encounter when they visit your website. In other words an effective website is that which connects the maximum people. The time visitors spend on your site, the volume of traffic, visitors returning to your site etc all depends on the designing and development of your site. A good web design will not only provide better user experience but also help in search engine rankings. A good website is that, which is:
- Appealing to the visitors eyes
- Visually consistent
- Easy to navigate
- Easy to read
- Everything can be easily find within few clicks
- It should to function faultlessly
This all directs that to maintain or achieve strong and long term customers online, it is necessary to give them the most appealing and attractive site which grabs their attention within the minutes.
So, in this article it is discussed about the tips which would help you to create an effective site and hence receive more visitors.
- Invest in professional photography: If you place or use generic photos on your site, then it will give the generic or general impression about your company to the visitors. Therefore, you must invest in unique and professional photographs and then place those photographs in your website. It will make your site unique and more appealing. Besides this, ensure that the photograph or the image you place on your website is optimized and is of good quality.
Tip: If you want to grab the attention of the users towards the content, then place an image of a person facing towards the content. This increases the chances of reading your content by visitors.
- Typography: Typography is basically the font style, size, spacing or gap between the content and images you use in your website. You must use an appropriate font style and size for the content in your site which can be easily readable on all the browsers and mobile devices. For instance, if you use large scaled fonts in your website, then it might look good and can be easily readable on desktops or laptops but the same website will have a different look on the mobile devices. Therefore, you must use a universal font which is compatible to all the devices and browsers.
- Design each every page as a landing page: Many web designers design the websites keeping in mind that all the users visit the site through home page and makes the home page attractive and include all the key information on the home page only, but in reality majority of visitors visit your site through the pages other than home page which doesn’t consists of the key information about your company. So, you require to design a website in such a way, that on whatever page a visitor lands, he/she will get the key information on that page.
- Create responsive design: Responsive design is a design which is compatible to all devices which supports internet access. As most of the users are now accessing internet from their mobile phones or other devices which has small size screens and this small screen size doesn’t enables a normal or desktop site to open effectively. Therefore, it is necessary to create a responsive design so that you don’t lose your traffic. It gives better user experience which translates into higher conversion rates.
- Test your design: Once you have designed and developed your site, it is important to check its functioning on various devices. This will let you know your mistakes if any, then you can correct it and again your website will get more efficient. It is just to give better experience to the users.
Every decision on designing is just a hypothesis; therefore testing is must as it will help you to improve your designs.