There are many people who come up with the advice related to SEO strategies and many more, but very few are there who come up with the advice related to commenting. In this article, it is discussed about how to comment on the blog posts in SEO friendly way. The search engines read each and every thing and consider it while indexing. Therefore, it is necessary to do each and every thing related to SEO including commenting in a proper way, then only you can expect success.
- Comment on those blogs that have Do-follow links: If you comment on those blogs, that do not have Do-follow links, then it would be of no use. So you need to be patient and find the blog posts that have Do-follow. You must add certain amount of comments every week in the comment section and must make a note of it. Then every week run a scan and see who is linking to your pages. The blogs which have Do-follow will definitely appear on your links report. There can be a little delay in it but it will appear in your link report.
- Make use of at least one keyword in your comment: It is difficult to add the keyword in comment as it is too small and is not similar to blog posts. But you must try to add the keyword in your comment.
- Add one keyword into the anchor text of your link: That is not at all difficult as it seems to be. You have to just add your keyword and link it to the related page on your website. When the user click on that anchors text or keyword, then he will land on the page of your site which you have linked. Remember that page should be relevant to the anchor text. Most of the people link it to the home page of your site but you must try to link it with the relevant page on your website.
- Write a comment of at least 70-100 words: This is the most common mistake which most of the people make. They comment shortly like “Great Article” which is not of any benefit and will not tell about you and your expertise. Therefore, you must try to write a little bit longer and your comment should be good and thoughtful so that it shows your expertise.
- Make use of those keywords which appear in blog posts: There is a strong reason behind this trick. The blog posts on which you will be commenting have certain keywords for which it is optimized. The searcher searches for those keywords and that blog post appear in search results. A blog post when appear in search results have three things- title along with a link and snippet example. If you use the same keyword of blog post in your comment, then there are chances that in snippet example, your comment will appear under the title.
Here are few of the don’ts:
- Don’t spam a link by commenting the same thing on all the comment sections of blog.
- Don’t make use of smileys while commenting especially in middle of the comment. You can use it at the end of the comment if it is must.
- Don’t ignore the comments and links of others.
- Don’t make use of same anchor text every time.
The above mentioned tricks and don’ts will help you to bring traffic to your site and will help you to comment effectively on the blog posts