Exhibition displays make for an effective way of capturing your target market’s attention at trade shows. They’re great for introducing a new service or product and are also handy for generating those valuable sales leads. They gain media attention and they help you to sell your product.
Generating attention at a trade show can be tricky when you’re amidst the competing booths. Each booth is bound to be staffed with eager sales reps working hard to grab the attention of passing attendees.
Standing out from the crowd
So how do you make your exhibition display boards and exhibition stands effectively stand out? Research has shown that exhibitors have literally a matter of seconds to grab the attention of attendees who are very often overwhelmed and weary by the large number of conference displays. And unless you can get the attendees in your booth to listen to your sales pitch, you simply won’t meet your tradeshow objectives. This means that marketers, advertisers and exhibitors need to constantly be on the lookout for unique, creative ways to make their trade show exhibit displays stand out.
Walk the floor
One way to do this is to walk the show floor and take notice of what other exhibitors are doing with their stands or custom banners. What sort of design do their booths carry, as well as the information and services they offer at the stands. Take note of the marketing strategies being used to attract attention. You could even ask a few attendees who stop at your booth which exhibition displays they are most attracted to and why.
Current trends in design
Another great way to keep abreast of creative trade show ideas is to leverage your relationship with display providers in Australia who not only provide portable exhibition displays but can suggest suitable exhibits for trade shows and can help you design your targeted banners. Display providers can offer their expertise on what has been successful for other customers as far as boosting traffic is concerned. And it’s their job to keep on top of the most current designs, trends and trade show strategies.
Another way to garner innovative ideas for creating unique display booths is to chat with industry consultants and trade show associations. And once you’ve developed your strategy ideas to boost traffic at your next trade show as well as gain lead generation and sales, you will need to ensure that they all align with your business’s brand positioning.
How to attract visitors
Here are a few more ways to attract visitors to your booth:
- Get your look and feel right. Your stand acts as a shop window, so you’ll want your exhibition displays, banners and other collateral to literally “invite” attendees to your booth. Your objective for the show (be it marketing, sales or branding) should determine the look and feel and your signage, banners and displays will carry this through.
- Small is just as effective. You don’t need a massive budget for a trade show booth. Choose a space that will suite your objective and look into cost effective and portable exhibition displays.
- Have a trial run of sorts. Set up your exhibition stand in your workplace prior to the trade show to give you an idea of the time it will take to set up and the amount of space you’ll occupy.
- Stick to your budget.
- Beware of freebies. All too often exhibitors spend a great deal of budget on promo gifts that don’t carry the message or brand. Those types of things end up on the exhibition floor or discarded in a bag. If you do want to offer giveaways, make sure that they’re relevant as well as memorable.
- Pick your team carefully. Pick your team members to compliment the event and the audience. If you don’t have a “spotter” (someone who approaches people and brings them over to your exhibition stand) or a “hook” (the person that attracts people to your stand), make sure your team members are friendly and active.
- Tell people! Once you’ve created your attractive stand, let people know which trade shows you will be at. Create awareness by loading banners on your website, send out exclusive invitations to customers and suppliers, send out email updates and join the event organiser’s mailing list and work with them to increase your publicity. You could even look into linking your business name with certain, relevant trade shows.
Ultimately, creating an exhibition display booth that is unique and enticing is about making use of attractive exhibition displays that really “talk” to your target market; draw them in and have them leave with your brand, product or service in the top of their mind.