The use of mobiles in bringing about business benefits is constantly on the rise. On an average the mobile traffic globally is well over 50% with close to 4.5 billion users worldwide. No wonder 350,000 apps have been built in the last 36 months to cater to this ever rising bevy of users. Infact data indicates that Facebook alone has close to 2 billion active users on a monthly basis and this in itself is nearly 55% of the total mobile users currently in the country. Infact mobile skype downloads have escalated to over 1 billion and goes on to emphasise the gradual emergence of mobiles as the chosen platform for conducting business.
Such is the potential that estimates indicate that global mobile data traffic is set to cross 6,2 Exabytes per months by the end of 2016. No wonder big brands are making a beeline for mobile apps. Real time Data on coupon machine indicates that
- Starbucks has more than 17 Million active mobile app users
- Starbucks is making around 8 million payments a week through mobile apps. This is nearly 20% of all US store transactions
- Close to 160,000 products are bought through mobile devices from Amazon marketplace sellers
- Alibaba’s mobile ad revenues every hour is nearly 542,237.
- $8 million Paypal payments are processed every hour through mobile devices in US alone
- Travel bookings on mobile devices is close to 6800 every hour in just United States
- Flight tickets booked via mobile devices is on the rise and is close to 3850 every hour at the moment
Not only that, every hour there are 68 million Google searches undertaken every hour and they yield revenue close to $3 million. So you can only imagine if this number is multiplied on a monthly or yearly basis how much funds or business it might indicate. The relative rise in smartphones have also played a crucial role in abetting the business prospects via mobiles. Currently over 162,000 mobile phones are sold every hour globally and of this Samsung alone accounts for 37,555 smartphones.
What this has done is it led to phenomenal rise in mobile messaging using applications like What’sapp and Facebook messenger. On any given hour we find 1 billion what’s app messages are sent and an equal number received globally. Other social network platforms too are seeing this trend following inclusing Twitter, Instagram and the like.
Presented by couponmachine