Have you decided to own a blog or website today? You have made a right choice. Many people have find it necessary to own a blog or website for business or personal use.
My blog is informative, and it’s for my business use. Once you have decides to own a site, it then means you need a domain name first.
Naming a site is where people get stuck with, it is very dicey. It took me close to a week to figure out a domain name for my blog.
Today I will be showing you how to come up with a domain name from my own perspective. Follow the steps to begin picking a domain name.
img src: freedigitalphotos.net
1. Keyword: what is your site talking about: the very step to take is picking something that reflects what your site is about.
When using keywords, there are two things in mind….
If what your site is talking about is on a particular topic such as fishing, it is expected for such site to be named myfishingwebsite.com (a domain name relating to fishing)
But if your site is on a more broader aspect (topics), then any domain name can be use. Example of site with broader topics is about.com, since the site talks about many topics.
2. Always use dot.com, dot.net. Dot.Org. they have more credibility
3. Market type: if you want to penetrate a market, always try to use domain names that are related to the market. For example, if your market is on eBooks. Your domain name can be ebookcart.com
4. Keep your domain name short as possible
5. Let the domain name be easy to remember.
6. Always avoid dashes, underscores, and special characters when naming your site
My blog is about business, so I came up with a domain name WANentrepreneur. Now what is your site talking about? Always make sure your domain name reflects what your site is about.
This article will give you a direction if you want to get a perfect domain name for your site.