Social networking has become very popular and one of the most talked topic about SEO. Webmasters and SEO experts are using Social networking sites as Google adds more clout to social media in its algorithm. This brings more traffic to the websites. Probably, you have tried Facebook, Twitter and other major social networking sites for your personal use. If you have not used them for promoting your website, then you are missing out large quantity of high quality traffic.
Getting started with social media sites is easy but still there are people, who are bit lost and don’t know much about social media sites. Keeping this fact in mind, I have prepared this article which includes steps to help increase your presence on social media for promoting your website.
- Decide if you are using a separate account or personal account for promoting your website: If you already have your personal account on social media sites, then you have to decide whether you like to promote your website from your personal account or you like to create a separate account for promoting your website. Both of them has its own pros and cons. If you use the personal account then you already have the friends and you can ask them to like and re-tweet their posts. At the same time, most of the friends will not be ideal for your niche, thus reducing your traffic. Most of the webmasters opt separate accounts for their personal use and professional use. Having a separate account looks more professional. And if you don’t want to lose your customers or followers, then it is better to create separate account.
- Connect your accounts through third party software: It takes lot of time to post to every social networking site individually whether it is, Google+, Facebook, Twitter etc. So to maximize the benefits of these social networking sites, it is necessary to connect each of your account to the third party software.
- Encourage your current friends or clients to follow you: The webmasters have to encourage their clients and friends to like or follow your posts. As these are only the persons which can promote your posts and can serve as a great way to gain more audience.
- Consider RSS feeds: one of the simplest ways to be social is to set up the accounts to publish RSS feeds automatically. Your post will be updated automatically on each of the social networking site.
- Organize quizzes, contests: It is one of the best promotional methods on social networking sites. The big companies have gain traffic to their website by organizing different contests on social media sites. All people like to win something, even if it is small. So, by running these contests, you will be able to attract more followers and hence this will result in more organic traffic to your site.
These are some of the ways to be social for your website. To drive organic traffic it is necessary to promote your site on social media effectively. Every should use these ways to promote their sites.